What is Pancake Tuesday?
Pancake Tuesday (also known as; Shrove Tuesday, Fat Tuesday and Mardi Gras) is celebrated the day before Ash Wednesday; the first day of Lent. This day was traditionally a day of eating richer, fattier foods before the ritual of restricting of certain foods during Lent.
5 Fun Facts about Pancake Day:
1. The idea of eating pancakes on Shrove Tuesday is more than 1,000 years old! The idea originally started as a way of using up all the leftover fatty and rich foods before Lent.
2. The most flips anyone has ever done with a pancake is 349 flips in 2 minutes.
3. The Guinness World Record for the most pancakes served in eight hours is 34,818.
4. In 1889, Aunt Jemima pancake flour became the first ready-mix food to be sold commercially.
5. Mike Cuzzacrea ran the New York marathon in 1999 in 3hr 2min 27 sec tossing a pancake as he ran.
Mix up some pancakes with our blue whisk.