Every year, couples get together on Valentine’s Day to express their affection for one another. This February 14, consider the following interesting facts and figures when celebrating Valentine’s Day.
* According to research from Hallmark, more than half of all Valentine’s Day cards are purchased within six days prior the holiday.
* There are more single men than single women. For every 100 single women in their 20’s, there are 119 single men in the same age group.
* Dating service establishments continue to be popular means for meeting a prospective soulmate. Nearly 1,000 dating services, which include online dating Web sites, exist and generate hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue annually.
* Hallmark research indicates that more than 140 million Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged each year.
* 43,322 people were employed by establishments that produced chocolate and cocoa products in 2004. California was home to 136 of those establishments, leading North America.
* The average North American person consumed 25.7 pounds of candy on 2005, which actually represents a significant decline from 1997, when Americans consumed roughly 27 pounds of candy on average. What will the number be this year?
*According to Stats Canada, a total of 146,242 couples tied the knot in 2004 in Canada. In the U.S., there are roughly 2.2 million marriages per year.
* In Canada, brides and grooms are getting older. In 2000, first-time brides were 31.7 years old, while grooms proclaimed their first marriage vows at an average age of 34.3.
* The number of stems of roses produced in Canada was 13.7 million in 2008. This represents more than a million bouquets of a dozen roses each.
6 thoughts on “Valentine’s Day Facts & Figures”
interesting info, came over from mommomonthego.
MomMomOnTheGo sent me. Valentine’s Day is one of my favourite days of the day and I enjoyed reading your facts and figures on it! 🙂
I loveeeee valentines day! And I must admit I am not one of those 140million that exchange cards!
very interesting info!! mommomonthego sent me 🙂
I love V-Day!!! It always feels good to have a nice romantic dinner with a bottle or two or wine. This year I’m pregnant with our first baby. NO wine but I will take the dinner : )
This does gets me thinking about Valentine’s Day. 🙂
Comments are closed.